So firstly I need to apologise for my prolonged absence from the blogging world. Adjusting to life as a new mum has meant my free time has been massively reduced over the last 3 months. Emilia takes up almost every hour of my day, and when I do have a spare few minutes things like cooking and cleaning have taken priority. However I am back, and hoping to get back on schedule now Emilia is 3 months old. There will be an update post soon. But first, I was tagged by the lovely Amy from The Smallest of Things to share 18 goals for 2018. It may be the end of January but I thought it was a good place to start so here goes.
1. Make memories as a family of 3 – This has to be my top priority for 2018; I want to enjoy the time we have together and do lots of fun things as a family. Unfortunately Danny works long hours so we have to make the most of our weekends and his time off. We already have our first family holiday booked for September and I can’t wait.
2. Date Nights – Along with family time I really want to make sure throughout the year that Danny and I make time for our relationship. I grew up with parents who were and still are in a loving relationship and I want that for Emilia. So spending time on our relationship is really important to me.
3. Spend more time with those most important to me – I am really close to a lot of my family and friends but it often proves difficult to find time to see everyone but this year I want to make time. I don’t live that close to a lot of my family and friends so it’s not always easy but hopefully in 2018 I can make sure I see them more often that just weddings or Christmas.
4. Finish our house renovations – We moved last summer and whilst we have done a lot of work will still have a lot to do. It was a huge project and probably required more work than we anticipated. Emilia’s arrival really halted progress so hopefully this year we can push on and finish our beautiful home.
5. Explore more of where we live – Having recently moved to the area we are in now and then having the house and the baby we haven’t had much time to explore. So 2018 will be spent exploring Worsley and the surrounding areas.
6. Spend more time outdoors – I am a bit of a home bird and a lot of the exercise I do is indoors. Now I have Emilia and we live in the suburbs I would love to spend more time outdoors and enjoying the countryside.
7. Get my fitness back – Fitness is massive for me but again something that I’ve neglected recently. I am hoping to be able to get back on track sooner rather than later. Look out for lots of post-natal fitness posts coming soon and more on my journey back to fitness as a new Mum.
8. Running – You may or may not remember at the start of last year I started the Couch to 5K running programme but pregnancy halted my progress. You can read about it here. The first trimester fatigue took over me. But at some point this year I would love to try again and get back into running.
9. Yoga – Yoga has been missing in my life for a while now and I really want to get back into it. My favourite yoga teacher Tamara teaches really close to where I now live and I can’t wait to get back to her classes when time allows.
10. Blog Blog Blog – I’m hoping to get back to blogging regularly, sharing more of my life and passions with you. I have neglected my blog over the last few months with the house and obviously Emilia but I’m back and can’t wait to share more content with you.
11. Build my business – On leaving Pure Gym to have Emilia I sacrificed the business I had built up there. In 2018 though I will be back with a whole new perspective and I want to build a new Ode2fitness.
12. Help Mums and Mums to be love fitness – Since being pregnant myself and now struggling to get back to fitness as a new mum I know the difficulties mums face. But fitness is so important when pregnant especially so a goal of mine for 2018 is work with pre and post-natal fitness clients.
13. Make time for me – I think one thing that I have struggled with as a new mum is making time for me. I’m sure it’s fairly common but it is so difficult to switch off. So I want to find little pockets of time for a bit of a pamper and to enjoy some me time.
14. Football – A small little goal really but getting back to watching Stoke City. Football is a huge passion of mine, I have had a season ticket at Stoke for over 25 years but at the end of my pregnancy I had to stop going. I haven’t yet found the chance to get back but I will be doing. I love the whole experience of going to games and I am starting to miss it.
15. Improve my Photography – This has actually been an aim of mine for a while; I have the camera now I just need to learn how to use it. And find the patience to style photos properly.
16. Read More – I love reading but unfortunately as with all things when a baby comes along I never find the time. I hope to be able to read some new books this year.
17. Cook More – Since having Emilia I’ve not been cooking much and I’d love to experiment more. We definitely get stuck in meal ruts and I’d love to feel more confident with cooking.
18. Enjoy the small things – Sometimes life gets a little overwhelming and we miss the small things. Having a baby who is changing everyday has made me realise that sometimes we overlook the small things, but this year I want to make sure I appreciate every little thing especially when it comes to Emilia.
So there you have it, 18 goals for 2018. I’ve shared both small and large goals as it’s definitely good to have a mix. I’m so excited for what 2018 holds for me, my family and my business so watch this space.