I recently attended my first #girlgains event, organised by Beth the Manchester ambassador. If you haven’t heard of #girlgains firstly where have you been. Only Joking but they are huge! Founded by the 3 fitties that are Tally, Victoria and> Zanna #girlgains is a community built to inspire women. And this brunch was no different with an amazing Goal Setting session.
The Girlgains website states….we are three girls who aim to empower, inspire, educate and> motivate women to be the best versions of themselves.
The event was held at Leaf on Portland> Street in Manchester, so of course we started with food. I went typical health blogger and> ordered Avocado Eggs! It was amazing. I loved the pureed avocado, it was made into more of a spread and> suited me perfectly. As much as I love this dish, I sometimes get overwhelmed by the amount of avocado. Not at Leaf.
Then it was time for a coffee, and> for Victoria to take us through the Goal Setting session.
First of all we were encouraged to jot down all our goals. Whether they related to life, fitness, work or even relationships it didn’t matter. We were in a place where we could feel comfortable, with no fear of being judged. We then had to pick one to focus on for the session. It was actually quite difficult for me to pinpoint specific goals at this point. I have a lot going on in my life and> therefore my goals are constantly changing. I won’t bore you with all that now though. However I do feel that the tips I learnt from this session will help me in the future. Therefore I wanted to share some of them with you.
Most of all Victoria really encouraged us to think about the nitty gritty of our goals. In order to do this properly she led us through a number of questions. Trying to really drill down into what we wanted to acheive and> why.
- Why do you want to acheive your goal? This is something you really need to think about. Is there something in your past that triggered this goal, is it something you have been through and> want to help others? You need to focus in on the root cause of your goal and> not just the superficial reason.
- How will you feel if you don’t make changes to reach your goal? Or if you don’t acheive your goal?
- How will you feel when you reach your goal?
- Where are you now? Are you far from reaching your goal? What’s stopping you from getting to your goal? Why aren’t you already there?
- What 3 things do you need to do to get to your goal.
- What 3 things do you need to stop doing that are preventing you from reaching your goal?
Sharing is caring…
We were also encouraged to share our goal with a partner, and> make ourselves accountable. And it was great that some of the girls at the event felt comfortable with sharing their goals, and> it sparked a great conversation. We all realised we had similar experiences surrounding food, exercise and> balance and> this is what is great about the #girlgains community.
I left the afternoon feeling positive and> inspired. I will definitely be using Victoria’s goal setting method in the future, and> hopefully you feel more inspired to work towards your goals.